Random fireworks in Monaco - because it's Saturday?

There are lots of things I like about Monaco. One of them is its ability to put on really good firework displays - the one tonight was a little unexpected, but all the better for it!

(If anyone knows what they are actually likely to have been celebrating, do let me know in the comments. I choose to think they are just celebrating Saturday, and this will be a weekly occurrence...)

Some somewhat blurry photos follow - you can just about see the giant ship at the bottom left of the photos, which has been parked there all week, plus a couple of other boats passing, all outlined in lights. All the boats applauded at the end of the fireworks by sounding their horns, which I quite liked in a generally anthropomorphic kind of way.


Random fireworks in Monaco port

Random fireworks in Monaco port

Random fireworks in Monaco port

Random fireworks in Monaco port

Random fireworks in Monaco port

Random fireworks in Monaco port

Random fireworks in Monaco port

Anonymous –   – (23 June 2013 at 23:17)  

I was on the Silver Seas Ship,on a convention held by the company my husband works for, that night. There were 2 firework displays one after the other. It was a showdown between Monaco's fireworks and the organizers of the company my husband works for.

Nicole  – (24 June 2013 at 11:09)  

Hi, and thanks for commenting - I *love* the idea of a fireworks showdown! And I would like to congratulate your husband's company - the display was awesome! (I didn't see the other one - we're not facing in quite the right direction - though I did hear it, and it sounded impressive, too!)

If they, or indeed any other company reading this, feel inspired to carry on providing fireworks shows, those of us in the cheap seats would strongly encourage this - my Saturdays have been sadly firework-free for the last couple of weeks...

Post a Comment

Copyright Nicole Hill, 2009-2010

All photos and text are mine - ask me *before* you use them elsewhere. Don't just copy them and hope I won't notice, it's theft.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP