Hi-ho, hi-ho...

It's off to work we go... Think of me as Snow White, just without the seven dwarves, and with blonde hair. And a tan. Ok, so the analogy falls apart somewhat, if you're going to be picky.

But, today is the day I leave the world of 1950s gender roles and go back to a Real Job. Part of me is looking forward to it, part of me is shitting bricks about the whole thing; what happens if I've forgotten how to be an office drone in the last year? (Not that I was ever exactly gifted in that regard, so no one will likely notice. But still.)

Wish me luck!

Anonymous –   – (4 October 2010 at 14:50)  

Ohhh, first day back at work and that tube strike too, hope you don't get caught up in it. And yes, I probably am mad, but there are good reasons for me needing to bring him here for a while. Anyway, I'm back in NL from November 19th so feel free to come invade us for a few days anytime after that.

S

Nicole  – (4 October 2010 at 19:50)  

Well, figured it wasn't entirely a mad whim... Yes, was caught by tube strike, but it's not been a problem for me - we were staying near my work anyway last night, so that was at least one worry off my mind!

Might well take you up on the offer of a bed for a night, depends on how sane I'm still feeling by then and where we're living and all that. But I'll try and catch you online one morning, maybe, too - I'm playing around with my hours, so might be around early morning.

Fran –   – (4 October 2010 at 20:13)  

Hope it all went well today Mrs! I felt bad enough going into work today after the weekend, let alone a year of bumming around on the beach, I can sympathise!! At least you didn't have a nightmare commute to add into the mix! You back on your old English mobile? xx

Nicole  – (4 October 2010 at 21:29)  

Yep, using old English mobile again - still homeless, but at least my mobile means I'm contactable despite that... Magic stuff, technology!

Post a Comment

Copyright Nicole Hill, 2009-2010

All photos and text are mine - ask me *before* you use them elsewhere. Don't just copy them and hope I won't notice, it's theft.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP