Back in England

Flight yesterday went ok, apart from the hour's delay. Easyjet provides yet another spectacular service. One day, I'll get a flight that goes perfectly smoothly, and be utterly confused.

So, the beginning of my part-time-expat-ness. I'm going to keep this blog going, at least for a while, not least because I'll want somewhere to document the hassles of flat hunting and part-time-expat-ness. Also, I'm aware that I still haven't written about my wedding day. It's on my list of Things To Do like opening a bank account, finding somewhere to live, buying new work clothes, starting a job, all that sort of thing.

Anyway.

Good Things About England So Far:
Starbucks
Huge hotel rooms
Bacon
The BBC
English books - WH Smith in general
Potentially, the pub, though it has an ominous name
Marks and Spencer

Bad Things About England So Far:
Rain
Cold
Sky (the TV company, not the grey thing looming menacingly above us)
Sky (the grey thing looming menacingly above us, not the TV company)
The trains
The cost of the trains
Rain
Being homeless, so having to carry everything around with me
Did I mention the weather, generally? I think I'm going into shock at the amount of rain and grey and cold and wind. I was on the beach yesterday, ffs, where did it all go so horribly wrong?

Anonymous –   – (1 October 2010 at 14:55)  

Sorry about the shite weather, but good luck with your home hunting!! We'll be back in NL tomorrow, probably to the same rain you're having now. At least in my case, it's only for 2 weeks before I go back to Oz to collect Lincoln, who will be visiting with us for a couple of months. Talk soon :X

S

Heidemarie  – (1 October 2010 at 14:58)  

Crap, Nicole! I'm almost brought to tears with this entry. Wishing you much success in home hunting, job hunting, and that maybe looking at this experience as more of an adventure will make it easier to bear. Hugs!

Nicole  – (3 October 2010 at 09:22)  

Nah, it's not so bad, aside from the rain Heidemarie - I mean, obviously I'd prefer to be back in France, but there are good things about here too. (That's why I've started listing them, so I don't forget them :P)

Sandy, I hate to be the one to break this to you, but you've gone mad - you're voluntarily looking after a kiddie for 2 months? Batshit nuts - good luck to you both! Let me know when you're back around, it's been way too long since I last saw you, and even kiddie in tow, we should try and catch up sometime.

Post a Comment

Copyright Nicole Hill, 2009-2010

All photos and text are mine - ask me *before* you use them elsewhere. Don't just copy them and hope I won't notice, it's theft.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP