A blog is born!

This blog will be a record of our move to Nice and my day-to-day life while I'm here. Intended primarily for my friends and family to see what I'm up to (and to inspire feelings of awesome jealousy, because I'm nice like that) I hope this will also be useful for anyone considering a similar move - when I looked, I couldn't find anything that really helped to explain what it would be like; hopefully this will help!

We moved over yesterday - 35 kilos over our weight allowance (not recommended; really quite an expensive way of doing things...) and then had to contend with an evacuation at Gatwick airport, because the fire alarm had been set off. Fire engines all very exciting, and at least it wasn't raining, but it was a bit of a pain with all our stuff. Having waited almost for ever for some family who couldn't be bothered to turn up on time, we finally took off, beginning our big adventure!

Until we find a flat, we're living in a hotel near the beach in the centre of Nice. It happens to have free wi-fi, so that's where this post is coming from. We booked this for a week, assuming we could find somewhere suitable to move into before that time was up - it looks like we might have already found something this morning! (http://riviera.angloinfo.com has lots of good information about moving to the Cote d'Azur, including listings from private landlords looking to rent their properties. (Moving before September can make it tricky to find somewhere - many people do holiday lets from June to August, charging vast amounts for them, and don't want to do long-term lets until September.)

Lunch beckons, so I will continue this later - the European Petanque Championships should not be forgotten!

JRF –   – (27 October 2010 at 11:23)  

I just came across your blog a couple of weeks ago and love it!
I was staying in Nice September 2010 and miss the city and the whole Cote d'Azur so much.
Having visited many times before there is just something about it all that has stolen my heart. I'm never so happy as when I am there.
Back in Vancouver Canada now and life just doesn't feel the same. I am practically counting the days until I go back.
I've only had time to read bits here and there so far but I find your blog down to earth, honest, real and the photos are fantastic.
Keep up the good work no matter where you are and thank you!

Post a Comment

Copyright Nicole Hill, 2009-2010

All photos and text are mine - ask me *before* you use them elsewhere. Don't just copy them and hope I won't notice, it's theft.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP