My new town

Today's news: we got a bank account (It took nearly an hour and a half. I'm sure it doesn't take that long in the UK, does it? I vaguely remember it taking about 5 minutes...). Our bank manager person is lovely - a bit mad, but lovely - and we now have a joint account, on the production of just our passports and proof of address, with cards and chequebooks and things to come shortly. I also, during the course of this long, long process, found out that the market is 6 days a week (not Mondays), is just outside the bank, is cheaper during the week, and is at its peak at about 9am. Bank managers in Brighton just don't tell you these things...

We don't, yet, have a flat. Tomorrow, apparently. Our painter fell off a ladder, and the electrics are being finished this evening. So, by the weekend, we won't be homeless any more!

Random photos from around Nice follow - note the colour of the sky; that's what summer looks like, for those of you still back in the UK...





Oh - and my hat! It's fabulous, don't you think? (note: "No" is an unacceptable answer, here.)

Post a Comment

Copyright Nicole Hill, 2009-2010

All photos and text are mine - ask me *before* you use them elsewhere. Don't just copy them and hope I won't notice, it's theft.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP