A ring

PMC being magic, I decided to play with the last trial packet I had, and make a ring. Originally intended as a present for Paul, I didn't take enough into account the shrinkage, because it ended up too small. Fits me well though - I swear it wasn't by design!

Below are a series of pictures, at each stage of the process, from raw clay to shiny silver. (Except photos of firing - not enough hands for torch and camera at the same time.)

Raw clay:
ring pre-sanding

Sanded and ready for firing:
ring post-sanding

Post-firing, covered in white crap from the firing process:
ring post-firing

White crap now gone, leaving matte finish silver ring:
ring pre-burnish

Some burnishing later, shiny silver ring:
ring post-burnish

Post a Comment

Copyright Nicole Hill, 2009-2010

All photos and text are mine - ask me *before* you use them elsewhere. Don't just copy them and hope I won't notice, it's theft.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP