Advice to women

This song might be one that you know, but I've just found it. It is the most amusing advice I've seen since the wonderful advice to men in the 1950s who had to learn how to manage those emotional, temperamental women.

It's a song by Jack Jones, called Wives and Lovers - my favourite part might be:

"Day after day
There are girls at the office
And men will always be men
Don't send him off with your hair still in curlers
You may not see him again"

Do you think it makes it better that I don't wear curlers at all, or worse?


For those of you not lucky enough to see that advice to managers yet, http://utahvalleybusinessq.com/features/then-later-now/ reproduces the sheet I had up in my office and didn't manage to scan before I left... There are so many gems that picking a favourite is difficult!

"Get enough size variety in operator’s uniforms so that each girl can have a proper fit. This point can’t be stressed too much in keeping women happy" is high on the list though, as is:

"Give every girl an adequate number of rest periods during the day. You have to make some allowances for feminine psychology. A girl has more confidence and is more efficient if she can keep her hair tidied, apply fresh lipstick and wash her hands several times a day."

Post a Comment

Copyright Nicole Hill, 2009-2010

All photos and text are mine - ask me *before* you use them elsewhere. Don't just copy them and hope I won't notice, it's theft.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP