Skin cancer check up

The Ministry of Health (I think) were offering free skin cancer screenings for anyone who wanted one in France today. Since I had nothing better to do, and I have skin that freckles if you look at it harshly, I thought I would take them up on it.

Having forgotten there was another strike today, I waited ages for a bus. Then I walked across Nice. (There were no trams in Nice, and the trains weren't running properly.) Then I sat in a waiting room for ages, proud of myself for working out how to get in the door and where to go once I managed it. Some signage wouldn't have gone amiss...

Once it was finally my turn, it took about 2 minutes of a man - I assume a doctor - checking me with a magnifying glass, and I was pronounced unlikely to develop skin cancer anytime soon, please come back next year and avoid sunburn. (Nothing dehumanises you quicker than having someone who is clearly bored examine you with a magnifying glass, I'm telling you.) Still, despite his total lack of enthusiasm, it's probably better than nothing. And it was free. So that's all good then! Now off to the beach...

PigletinFrance  – (28 May 2010 at 12:41)  

That's interesting (and good news for you!). How did you find out about it?

PigletinFrance  – (28 May 2010 at 12:41)  

ps. not too sure I'd like someone to look me over with a magnifying glass!!!

Nicole  – (28 May 2010 at 13:39)  

The Connexion had an article about it, though there have apparently been posters up all over Nice. (I don't go into town very often, else I'd have seen them, I'm sure...)

And I was a little surprised to see a magnifying glass, but if it helps him to be sure I'm not going to grow nasty things, then fair enough, I guess. Who would be a dermatologist if they had a choice?

Heidemarie  – (28 May 2010 at 14:46)  

I'd suspect being a dermatolgist would be a good choice for someone who wanted to work regular hours; and rarely had to mess with blood or internal organs.

Nicole  – (28 May 2010 at 15:45)  

Yeah, but scabby scaley skin, and cancerous moles, and all sorts of oozing ick. And magnifying glasses. Doesn't sound fun to me...

PigletinFrance  – (28 May 2010 at 18:04)  

My dermatolist's surgery is full of Philippe Starck charis and other designer furniture... Maybe as a reward for looking over peoples bodies with a magnifying glass?

Post a Comment

Copyright Nicole Hill, 2009-2010

All photos and text are mine - ask me *before* you use them elsewhere. Don't just copy them and hope I won't notice, it's theft.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP