A vegan day

Today, I managed a whole day of meals that were completely vegan. And wheat free. I'm clearly adjusting to my new range of dietary restrictions...

For breakfast I had a melon - one of those little ones with green skin and orange insides. It was lovely.

For lunch, I had a (homemade) white bean, sun-dried tomato and peanut butter dip, with carrots. (It was nicer than it sounds.)

For dinner, I had sweet potato and chickpea curry with brown rice. (Much better than I expected, given that I was making it up as I went along...)

Aren't you all stunned and amazed by my healthiness? Go on, lie to me if need be...

Heidemarie  – (17 May 2010 at 22:15)  

I want that sweet potato and chickpea curry recipe!

wonky73  – (18 May 2010 at 03:03)  

My dinner was very enjoyable as well. Totally homemade artichoke and ham pizza. Made the dough and everything myself. Well not the artichokes and stuff :) Pic at http://www.wonky73.com/?p=294

Nicole  – (18 May 2010 at 08:31)  

That pizza looks awesome Tim!

Heidemarie, I was going to email you, but actually, googling, http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/Chickpea-Curry-L4946.html is pretty close to what I ended up doing. (Seems there isn't a lot you can do to chickpeas and sweet potatoes, since all the recipes are very similar, and what I came up with matches those...)

Fran –   – (18 May 2010 at 13:28)  

Oh just have a bloody bacon butty with lashings of tomato ketchup

Heidemarie  – (18 May 2010 at 14:41)  

What the heck is a "bloody bacon butty with lashings of tomato ketchup?" (I'll never learn the Queen's English.)

Nicole  – (18 May 2010 at 16:39)  

A bacon sandwich with ketchup. You must have ketchup in the US, it's an American thing, isn't it?

And Fran, I would quite possibly kill for a bacon sandwich now. Bitch.

Fran –   – (18 May 2010 at 21:48)  

Hehe :o) I had chippy chips for lunch, made a nice sarnie with white sliced bread, washed down with a bazzin cup of PG Tips' finest tea and topped off with a choccie biscuit!
Oh and the sun is shining! Jealous?? haha xx

Post a Comment

Copyright Nicole Hill, 2009-2010

All photos and text are mine - ask me *before* you use them elsewhere. Don't just copy them and hope I won't notice, it's theft.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP