When I grow up...

I've decided what I want to do when I grow up. Sadly this may have to wait until I win the lottery, but meh. Mere details.

I want to run a cafe/bar and second hand (English language) bookshop somewhere very much like Villefranche. It would have free wifi, and it would provide an exhibition space for local artists, allowing them a chance to sell to the tourists and expats who come in for the free wifi/coffee/cheap English books, and giving me something to decorate my cafe with.

I realise it probably wouldn't make a lot of money. Hence the need for a lottery win to fund it. But wouldn't it be a fun thing to do with your day? I think it would.

Anyone feel like throwing large amounts of money my way to fund it?

No?

Odd, that.

Unknown  – (13 July 2010 at 11:16)  

Nicole, I've asked around and the general consensus is that you need to find and marry a millionaire (elderly ones are, apparently, better for your purpose?)

Preferably one who is an orphan and an only child.

It would also help if he had never been married before and has had no children.

Obviously, it would be a bonus if he were about 110 years old (thus not wanting to, or being able to, bother you in the bedroom department) as this would mean his demise (and the accompanying liberation of large amounts of capital) would be fairly imminent.

I believe that this demise can, in fact, be hastened (should you wish), by a bit of bothering in the bedroom department!

I don't know of anyone who fits the bill but will keep my eyes open.

Have you tried advertising?

All the best

Keith

P.S. If this cunning plan works, will I get a discount on coffee and books?

Nicole  – (13 July 2010 at 12:03)  

A brilliant idea Keith - I leave it to you to explain this to my current fiance, who may have some objections. I'm sure you can find some suitable manly way to persuade him that this is a perfectly sensible idea...

(And anyone who reads my blog will get a discount on coffee and books, as a reward!)

Heidemarie  – (13 July 2010 at 14:51)  

Don't forget a case to display the beautiful jewelery that you create!

Fran –   – (14 July 2010 at 00:11)  

I have 72p to donate to the fund, but can I come and work there when its open?? Also, after my founding donation, will I get a share in the profits? :0) x

Nicole  – (14 July 2010 at 09:52)  

Yes, and of course! A donation that magnificent deserves some recognition. You can have a 0.032% share in the profits. Or thereabouts. ;-)

Fran –   – (14 July 2010 at 11:21)  

Brill :) woop woop! I'm in the money :) x

Post a Comment

Copyright Nicole Hill, 2009-2010

All photos and text are mine - ask me *before* you use them elsewhere. Don't just copy them and hope I won't notice, it's theft.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP