Keywords

The keywords people search to find this blog are a source of endless (well, ok, 2 minutes worth) amusement for me. I know I have a large number of tags to my posts, and some of them are obvious - all the people looking for the storm we had here on the Cote d'Azur in May, or expats in Nice. I can see how that comes up, obviously.

Some of them are questions, and I hope their questions were answered - to the person who was wondering if the immatriculation number from the RSI is the same as the secu sociale number, yes it is. If you have a question and it's not answered by whatever page you land on, do leave me a comment asking it specifically, or email me. My email's on my website. Or you can ask me on Twitter, if you're registered there; I'm @nicolehill.

Some of them are unintentionally amusing - those looking for me to explain the UK government, or Parliament, for instance. Understandable in light of my posts following the last election, but a bit of a big subject to tackle in the abstract!

Two people searched for "What to do in St Raphael when it's raining?" A perfectly good question, under normal circumstances. The timing makes it a bit unfortunate though - both people searched for those keywords the day before massive flash floods hit St Raphael, killing numerous people. I hope you're ok, mysterious internet searchers. My advice in this particular instance would have been "Stay inside, somewhere high up in a tall building."

And then there are some that you just know are going to be disappointed: the person searching for breasts galore probably isn't going to find them here. Similarly, I can't help the person looking for information on the Nice dating scene for people in their forties. Nor can I provide a postal history of Nice, or information on the French tap museum. (If the latter is actually a museum about taps, could someone please let me know more about it in the comments?)

What odd keywords do people use to find the rest of you, those of you who have blogs? (And yes, I'm aware that by including the odder ones here again, it makes it yet more likely that people looking for breasts galore are going to turn up here. Tant pis.)

PigletinFrance  – (1 July 2010 at 17:09)  

an interesting set of keywords you have their Nicole! I cannot imagine the type of person that would be searching for a Tap Musuem!

I think I get many disappointed visitors... keywords include foto nudiste france, difficulty breathing, tracksuit bottoms, funny pics of anything, sore throat funny, doctor funny… a lot of medical related words and yet no medical content on my blog at all (only me moaning!).

wonky73  – (2 July 2010 at 01:06)  

How do you find out what search brought people to your site?

Nicole  – (2 July 2010 at 08:17)  

I set up Google Analytics, which tracks these things and many other things I don't understand. The keywords bit is the bit I pay most attention to, because it doesn't have any graphs. The map of where all my visitors are is nice, too.

/www.google.com/analytics is the link, I think.

Post a Comment

Copyright Nicole Hill, 2009-2010

All photos and text are mine - ask me *before* you use them elsewhere. Don't just copy them and hope I won't notice, it's theft.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP