End of week 1!

I have done my first week of running; I get to move on to a new podcast on Friday! And I'm still not dead!

Things I have learnt this week, in no particular order:

  • It's pretty much 5km between Villefranche and the bus stop at St Jean Cap Ferrat.
  • There are a *lot* of hills between here and St Jean.
  • The buses at St Jean don't run very frequently.
  • It's not summer yet.
  • A sweater is a good thing, especially if it has pockets.
  • Porridge is actually surprisingly edible, if you don't look at it.
  • Running really is faster than walking. Even at the snail's pace that I do it.
Speaking of pockets, what do people who Do Running Properly use to put things like keys, ipod, phone, money, bus pass, that sort of thing, in? Because when summer finally does get here, I'm definitely not going to want to be wearing a sweater...

(First person to suggest a bum bag gets shot. This is not the 80s anymore.)

Joe Hill  – (10 March 2010 at 15:31)  

I think that Those Who Do It Properly wear a small rucksacky-type thing, from what I have seen. As you know, I never really got into running - I don't count Sunday mornings with the HHH in Athens as running, mostly we walked the shortcuts and drank the beer at the end. Which is, of course, a lot more fun.

I'm sure there will be a branch of HHH near Nice. The drawback will be that it is formed mainly of expats....

wonky73  – (10 March 2010 at 17:11)  

I have one of those arm bands my ipod goes in. It has a little place I put a key and I have a id holder that I just jam in there. Works for me.

Nicole  – (11 March 2010 at 19:15)  

I thought about a rucksacky-type-thing, but those are likely to be hot too - it gets warm down here, remember!

An iPod armband thing might be a good idea - I didn't realise they came with a key holding space. Though our house is Fort Knox, so we have many keys I'd need to take - it might not work after all...

Who'd have thought something so minor could be this complicated?

Joe Hill  – (13 March 2010 at 15:05)  

Your mother, after initially responding with "bum bag" until I read out the last sentence in your blog, has amended it to there must be something equivalent to a bum bag these days which doesn't evoke the 80's (not that we were around the UK much in the 80's) to the latest suggestion which is "go to a sports shop and see what they've got" on the basis that it must be a common problem to which someone will have researched a perfect answer.

Nicole  – (13 March 2010 at 16:07)  

This is a good point. But sports shops scare me... I think I'll wait until the weather's actually warm enough that it's a problem, and do something about it then.

Post a Comment

Copyright Nicole Hill, 2009-2010

All photos and text are mine - ask me *before* you use them elsewhere. Don't just copy them and hope I won't notice, it's theft.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP