Excitement in the skies

I looked out of my window doing the washing up this morning to see an airplane flying at me. Then another. And then a third. Quite unnerving - they were flying really, really low, just skimming the top of the houses. They were securite civile airplanes, bright yellow with red writing on, and Wikipedia tells me they are planes used to fight fires in the summer - they fly down to the water, scoop it up, fly off and dump it on the fire. Today they were practising, so it must be nearly summer. A little disconcerting nonetheless.

Crap pics from my mobile, because my proper camera doesn't have any batteries:

Securite Civile on exercise

Securite Civile on exercise

Securite Civile on exercise

Securite Civile on exercise

Securite Civile on exercise

Securite Civile on exercise

While I'm thinking of photos, this was last night's dinner - summer really does feel like it's nearly here:
Dinner

Oh, and you're all back as far as Google Analytics is concerned. Which is nice - hello, my loyal and clearly slightly disturbed readers ;-) One day, soon, I'm going to do a post that invites you all to introduce yourselves - I'd like to know who I'm writing to!

Post a Comment

Copyright Nicole Hill, 2009-2010

All photos and text are mine - ask me *before* you use them elsewhere. Don't just copy them and hope I won't notice, it's theft.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP