To Do/Done: wedding edition

To do:

Tell family and friends: Done
Pick a date: Pretty much done
Book the mayor: Done (tentatively)
Find a restaurant for the lunch; work out meal options, wine and champagne: In progress
Find hotel options for people who aren't coming from Nice: In progress
Get contact details for all of our fabulous guests
Write and send out invitations, inc hotel details
Find someone to take photos: Might well be everyone, in a scattergun approach to wedding photography...
Find a dress and shoes
Find a suit and shoes
Ring for Paul: In progress

What am I forgetting, internet? Let me know...

PigletinFrance  – (18 March 2010 at 09:12)  

Congratulations on the engagement! I found your blog through Taste of Garlic which I found through someone else's blog! Amazing how the internet works!

I too am a Brit living in France and I got married here also (in 2007). Its so exciting organising it all, I hope you'll have a great time!

Finding a photographer was one of the hardest things for us as we didn't like the cheesy style photos most French photographers take. So, in fact we didn't even want a photographer but our families persuaded us and we managed to find a photo journalist Olivier Tops (http://www.oliviertops.com). He does weddings but also travels all over the world for his normal photography and his passion is second to none. What's more he speaks English as well as French and was able to mix easily with our guests and was completely discreet. He was worth every single cent we paid him and I would highly recommend him.

Best of Luck!

Nicole  – (18 March 2010 at 09:51)  

Hi Piglet - thank you so much for your suggestion! It's nice to know I'm not the only one who wasn't dead keen on the French style of wedding photos! ;-) I'll check out Olivier's website!

Where in France did you get married? I've been surprised by how helpful the mairie staff has been, given my experience with customer service in other areas of French bureaucracy; it's been a lovely change!

PigletinFrance  – (18 March 2010 at 10:32)  

I have to admit that my parents in law looked after all the administrative side for us as we were busy moving from the UK to France... I'm pleased to hear it was a nice experience though, its too often unpleasant in France so to hear a happy tale is wonderful.

We got married in Provence in a gorgeous medieval village and had Maire and then church service. It was lovely and it all happened so fast it is like a whirlwind in my mind.

I don't think my English guests appreciated eating dinner so late though!

Post a Comment

Copyright Nicole Hill, 2009-2010

All photos and text are mine - ask me *before* you use them elsewhere. Don't just copy them and hope I won't notice, it's theft.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP