Full moon

There's a full moon here tonight. It looks beautiful reflected in the sea, low and golden. I can hear birds singing, a dog barking and there's a train going past. And that noise that boats make when they move in the sea, a sort of clanking noise - I know very little about boats, so I've no idea what causes it. But it's the main source of noise pollution here, once the tourists leave.

There are worse places to live.

ETA: Pictures!

Full moon in Villefranche

Full moon in Villefranche

Full moon in Villefranche

Full moon reflection on the sea

wonky73  – (27 April 2010 at 20:58)  

Pics or it didn't happen :)
Motivate me

Fran –   – (27 April 2010 at 22:56)  

its the wire that you use to pull up the sails clanging against the mast (ps it took me years to work that out haha) x

Jean  – (27 April 2010 at 23:44)  

The clanking is a very distinctive and evocative noise. It's the haliards, or wires. Lovely photos. We haven't been to the coast for ages and you photos make me realise what we are missing.

Post a Comment

Copyright Nicole Hill, 2009-2010

All photos and text are mine - ask me *before* you use them elsewhere. Don't just copy them and hope I won't notice, it's theft.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP