Airplanes! In the sky! Painting pretty colours!

This year marks the 150th anniversary of Nice becoming part of France, and this weekend is apparently full of events to celebrate. I'll try to keep an eye out for them to share with you, my lovely readers. (All 3 of you.)

Yesterday while I was walking from a friend's house to the pub to meet Paul after work, I saw planes, lots of planes, flying very fast and doing pretty looping thingies and all that, with red, white and blue smoke trailing. They were, I'm told, practising for the finale of the weekend's celebrations, and will do the same on Monday - I'll try to have a better camera with me, rather than just my mobile...

They finished by drawing us a picture of a heart in red and blue, and then punctuating it with an arrow through the middle. I was impressed - but not as impressed as everyone around me who started clapping. I'm not sure I quite understand people who clap things like that - it's not like the pilots are going to hear you... But it was awesome to watch the planes playing with each other and dancing. (And yes, oh ye of little faith, they were, in fact, dancing. Not just flying around aimlessly.)

Some (poor) mobile phone photos:

090620102261

090620102260

090620102264-EDIT

090620102266-EDIT

090620102268-EDIT

Fran –   – (10 June 2010 at 19:55)  

Cool! Was it the Patrouille de France or the Italian Frecce Tricolore, seeing as they nicked Nice of them? I know their chief pilot! x

Nicole  – (10 June 2010 at 20:23)  

Patrouille de France, I think - Italy probably wants to forget all about it...

I'm still trying to find a list of what's happening this weekend, so I don't miss things unintentionally, but I keep getting distracted by shiny things, or the telly, or hoovering. I've hoovered two days running now, I am feeling very domestic.

Post a Comment

Copyright Nicole Hill, 2009-2010

All photos and text are mine - ask me *before* you use them elsewhere. Don't just copy them and hope I won't notice, it's theft.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP