Today has been a rubbish day. It started off well, if a little early - I woke up at 4:30, but when I got up, the sun was rising, everyone was asleep, I had coffee in peace.

Since then, the football has happened. That was noisy. I've slit my thumb on wire and my toe has a huge bleedy hole in it where I dropped a saucepan lid while doing the washing up. Who knew a blunt saucepan lid could do so much damage?

Because of all that, I missed the parachutists and the Patrouille de France flying in Nice. Which I'm pissed off about. On the plus side, though, I'm not on this train:

100_6059

It's parked outside our window, as is the one heading in the other direction. Fire engines are sounding their sirens, but I've no idea how they plan to get to the train line. It's nowhere near a (real) road.

I had considered going to the fireworks this evening in Nice, I like fireworks. But given the way today has gone so far, I'm going to take this fire as a sign not to even leave the house today. I'm bound to get run over by a police car or something, if I do.

PigletinFrance  – (14 June 2010 at 19:38)  

Oh you poor thing! Being attacked by a saucepan lid sounds simply horrible!

I would agree that it sounds best that you stay in tonight... I should imagine that the fireengines saving those trains will make for interesting viewing. Did they manage to evacuate the passengers okay?

Post a Comment

Copyright Nicole Hill, 2009-2010

All photos and text are mine - ask me *before* you use them elsewhere. Don't just copy them and hope I won't notice, it's theft.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP