Tourists

Tourists who travel in loud, shouty packs that stream past my bedroom window, screeching at each other, should be banned. Or at least fined, to pay for double glazing and/or ear plugs for the people they're disturbing.

wonky73  – (13 June 2010 at 19:49)  

I live in a place so wonderful thousands of people come and visit it. I think I'll complain :D

I guarantee when I move there I won't complain about tourists...

for at least the first week..

Ok first couple of days.

It will be interesting being a normal person with a normal job in a place filled with so many tourists. Will it be annoying trying to get to the office?

Nicole  – (13 June 2010 at 20:54)  

Probably. It's annoying trying to go to the supermarket, or the bakery, or the post office, or the pharmacy, or the train station or... I see no reason the office should be easier!

Except that, I suppose, you'll be travelling before the tourists get up, so that's something - though then you hit commuter hell, and get crushed up against lots of annoying commuters. Who aren't much better than tourists.

(I'm in a sparklingly good mood today, aren't I?)

Sara Louise  – (16 June 2010 at 10:29)  

I'm with you!!

I do feel lucky to live someplace that is so beautiful, people choose to make it part of their holiday, but at the same time, when they are walking by my window, do they really need to stop and stare inside them? I'm not joking, they actually do this. Like me cooking dinner is part of the holiday experience.

And don't even get me started on the early Saturday and Sunday morning loud chatter!

Nicole  – (16 June 2010 at 12:46)  

Thankfully, we live on the first floor, so we don't have people looking in the windows. Though you know they would if they could. And all the photos of the street outside make you feel a bit sorry for celebrities with their paparazzi - all I want to do is buy some bloody milk, ffs.

I am nice to lost tourists though - I'll go out of my way to show them how to leave the village, for example. Or to give them directions back to their boats, or to the pharmacy or the beach (head down the hill, til you run out of hill. Look up. You'll see the sea), things like that. I'm never anything less than entirely polite *to* them. And I realise they're excited because it's their holiday and it's all new (and "so quaint" as I heard one lot describe us last week) - I just wish they wouldn't scream under my window all the time. Or, in fact, ever.

Nicole  – (16 June 2010 at 12:48)  

Oh, and while I think about it, hi Sara Louise! Your blog is awesome - I've had it on my RSS feed for a while now, I'm just too shy to comment... But it's nice to see you here!

Post a Comment

Copyright Nicole Hill, 2009-2010

All photos and text are mine - ask me *before* you use them elsewhere. Don't just copy them and hope I won't notice, it's theft.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP